At the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, education-related grants and mission investing make up about two-thirds of their global giving. They focus on improving student performance, ensuring consistent quality of education and increasing access to schools.
In the US, they fund programs that focus on:
- Performance-driven education
- College preparation and completion, including the Dell Scholars Program
- Human capital (educator and school leader training)
- Quality school options
- Academic and after-school programs
In India, they fund programs that focus on:
- In-school and after-school academic programs that measurably increase student learning levels
- Integrated school excellence programs that focus on improving leadership and teacher capabilities and processes, and on improving operations
- High-quality, standardized data and assessment evaluations that enable insights into-and improvement of-student outcomes, instructional quality and school performance
In South Africa, their goal is to ensure that young people from disadvantaged backgrounds are admitted to university, that they graduate and that they obtain long-term employment. their initial investments are in the Dell Young Leaders scholarship program, which provides holistic support to vulnerable South African university students to help them through graduation and beyond.