The Chikabiddy program curriculum was specifically designed and developed to address the following: (a) a lack of specific guidelines or regulation from the Government on early childhood education (b) the fact that the majority of teachers being employed in this sector do not have specific qualification, training, and skills to handle preschool children (c) the fact that text books and workbooks currently available in the market do not have the relevant strategy nor the detail for skills development (d) most research indicates that 50% of a child’s cognitive development is over by the age of 5 and experiences of a child in the early years (under the age of five) shape what the child will be like as an adult.
The program aims to:
· Introduce an effective learner centric program in preschools
· Maximize the effectiveness of teaching in preschools
· Provide a common set of activities across, within and between pre-primary grades
· Emphasize on developmental norms of foundation years
Salient Features of the program:
· A hand-holding theme based curriculum for Playgroup, Nursery, low and upped kindergarten (LKG and UKG) which has day-wise schedules covering different developmental traits.
· Worksheets and activities along with rhymes and stories that are shared in the form of books as student’s copy
· A 10 day structured training for teachers on the usage of curriculum and also to build their capacity on implementation of evolving trends on activity-based teaching and assessing their learners
· Term-wise monitoring of the teachers to identify the learning gaps and mentoring them with one to one feedback
Click here to see full program profile
CEI approaches in actionDeliveryChains or Networks of schools/centersPolicy & AnalysisStudent supportSchool support
There are plans to scale up the pre-primary program to neighboring states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu. This will be operated through a business partner who operates in this field in those respective states.
Monitoring & EvaluationYes
Program monitoring is done after imparting training to all the teachers who are identified. This is periodically carried out as a part of professional development of teachers.Standardized assessment performanceInternal assessment performanceUser satisfactionIncreased enrollmentCost effectiveness/value for moneyNo