- 9rayti.com is EMC’s first website. Launched in 2008, its main objective was to provide course notes and exercises for secondary school students to adequately prepare for the Moroccan Baccalaureate (Morocco’s national secondary school diploma). EMC creates some of the content — in partnership with Moroccan professors — and gathers other resources on the website (content created by schools, universities, the Moroccan Ministry of National Education, and the Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Executive Training). While maintaining this feature, 9rayti.com has progressively become a broader platform where secondary schools student can access the tools they need to make an informed career choice, such as career guides, information on scholarships, etc. In particular, EMC has created a web-TV where tertiary students and professionals present their universities or jobs to give a better sense of university and work-life. Both Moroccan and foreign universities are featured on 9rayti.com.
- Concourat.com was launched in 2013. This website is specifically designed for students preparing for post-Baccalaureate exams. In particular, EMC focuses on the entrance exams of the most popular schools in Morocco. Concourat.com provides information and tips on the application process. In addition, students can pay to follow online trainings to prepare for exams.
- Prepabac.ma builds on Concourat.com's success and was launched in 2014, at the start of the school year. Its goal is to provide similar content as Concourat.com but adapted to secondary school students preparing for their Baccalaureate and Regional examination — the other main exam that secondary school students have to take in Morocco. Prepabac.ma offers free information and tips, along with educational content for which students need to pay.
Click here to see full program profile
CEI approaches in actionStudent supportTutoringTransitional supportLearning materials for studentsCommunity resourcesDeliveryEducational Technology
Model details2008For-profitComprehensive curriculumScience & engineeringOtherCareer adviceActiveLong-term project10,000,000
ScaleAlmost 10 million users have visited 9rayti.com since launch.June, 2013
After the launch of 9rayti.com, EMC's first educational website, the company created two other websites to answer secondary students' needs. Along with the free services they offer, EMC now provides content for which students need to pay.
In the future, Education Media Company aims
- to further develop the paid component to make its model sustainable, while remaining as affordable as possible
- to collaborate more often with professors to create content for their websites and eventually form a network of professors
Monitoring & EvaluationNo
EMC aims to monitor the activity on its websites to be able to tune the program accordingly for increased impact — through online surveys and phone interviews.
The company would like to monitor more broadly the use of Internet for educational purposes in Morocco to be able to respond to — or even foresee — students needs.
Eventually, EMC aims to meet with students to see how they interact with the content and tailor it to them.No