What is the project doing?
- Establishing Community Based Girls Schools (CBGSs) across 10 provinces, enrolling out-of-school girls in each target community
- Training government teachers from selected government schools in effective teaching methods and in the subjects they will teach
- Training mentors from selected government schools to provide weekly support to their peers
- Mobilising school management committees and communities to select girls from target schools to receive stipends
- Increasing the capacity of communities, parents, local partners and local education departments to support girls’ education in each target community across 10 provinces
What is distinctive about this project?
This project takes a successful model to scale and features new elements such as peer mentoring and stipends.